Monday 12 March 2012

The Seventh Spring

I wrote this when I was on my Creative Writing Course in London (http://www.debatechamber.com/) and my tutor, Megan - told me to write about a tree in Spring in the form of a (poorly crafted :P sorry) SONNET.

SONNETS ARE HARD. I'm not even kidding, I'm not too keen on anything structured, it reminds me too much of Maths (which, consequently got a C in for my GCSE *cheers*)

However, I have successfully (I think?) written a sonnet about "A tree in springtime"
Yes, Megan told me to write about a tree, and for someone who writes about any old rubbish I took this up and then found myself strangely uninspired. I mean come on, a tree! But then I thought about this tree that used to be outside my primary school (so for anyone abroad thats ages 4-10 .. I think) and at this time I was about 6 or 7. Now I was a dilly-daydreamer as a child. I can't sit still for more than five minutes (honest) I used to fiddle with my hair, and I even remember once fiddling with the hair of a girl IN FRONT OF ME, and told her I wanted it, because I thought she had 'princess' hair. *facepalm* ANYWAY, in this classroom there was a really nice view of a cherry blossom tree outside, and each season you could see the changes on the tree you always knew it was springtime when the pink blossom appeared :)

So I began thinking and remembering my silly primary school days, and I created this.. Enjoy!


The Seventh Spring
You, the growing child are starting to bloom
Sweet kisses of Spring and wrapped in the breeze
Twigs twirling up with the joy of the moon
Oozing with sap, gently rising with ease

So softly you brush and groom your splendour
Blossom brushing the awakening eyes
Then the warm times all creatures remember
The winter and the places where it lies

I sit by your regal trunk for a while
Admiring the flesh on this rich setting,
Place my palm on you and begin to smile
Beside this small foilage your are king

Its time to wake up from this dozy dream
Spring is awake and alive is the stream


Yes I know it's not brilliant and it is working progress, but give me a comment and let me know what you think?

Much love,

~misshapenskies

No comments:

Post a Comment