Monday 12 March 2012

I'M SORRY! Update!

Hey >.< Sorry I've been away for a while.
Life has been incredibly confusing at the moment and I just went through a break up which is never nice. Sad times :( Oh well, one door closes another one opens - isn't that what they say?
Anyway, the person I broke up with - we were making a site together and I thought I was going to abandon misshapenskies.. But now that the relationship is over I guess we can't do that anymore..
It was a lovely nine months but I feel like a burden has been lifted from my shoulders now and actually I'm a lot happier.. All good things come to an end <3 and we still plan on being friends :) We are very close, and I hope we will be for a long time.

But enough about that, poetry is more important. <- true fact.


I recently went on a Creative Writing Course in London :)
And it was brilliant :) I learnt a lot and studied for two days with 5 lovely, like-minded (quirky) people who all shared their poetry and prose.
I have got some writing and general scribbles from over the weekend so I will post them up on here!
I'm hoping to try and get myself noticed a little bit more >.< haha .. nooot sure how I'm going to do that
Anyway, so we practiced lots of different genres of poetry including:
  1. Beat Poetry
  2. Confessional Poetry
  3. Sonnets
  4. Haiku's
  5. and that lovely one called Free Verse ;D (the one I mainly use)
We also looked at the difference between short story and novel openings and then practiced some of them. I may put that up here, but I'm not confident about the quality of it :( so ... maybe? Maybe not? Je ne c'est pas. I can't speak French my dears.

Anyway, I will add any poems/fiction from http://www.completeoriginalcontent.tumblr.com/ (feel free to check it out, all the stuff on there - not talking about mine - is very good, microfiction, fiction, bit of poetry and ramblings here and there and I'm sure they would appreciate you having a look!) which is the site that I was on for a little while and will put them back here. :) I think it may be better that way
There are a few things I want to put up here so ... I'll get on it right away :)

~ misshapenskies

No comments:

Post a Comment