Tuesday 7 February 2012

Further Clarification

This was a poem I wrote about a year ago. There used to be a place where I would go when I just needed to sit and think - and this poem is about that. Feel free to comment :) criticism is what I need!

Further clarification

 Out I bound
To this occasional
 Loquacious spring wonderland
A garden so serene in the dawn of frost
Yet others would see as none
I see so much more
Than the Simple
Sepia of that sky

I will deny the primary colours
They are not the sky
The greens and blues
Begin to fuse
Creating something more
On my tongue, catching the warmth in my eyes
I taste the nature of my place
In the black shadow of my hair

This escape for my emotions
Thus is cardinal
And as I gaze through my
Sealed lids that picture only reality
I look at the dancing figure that is me
A spinning little filigree

Once my questions are answered
I’ll thank the sun that sets
In the west
Winking at my grin
Laughing with the soft wind

Then, as it gives me one last soft kiss
I’ll turn my back
To the old oak tree
 Gone,
 skipping back in my crisp white blouse



~ misshapenskies
I do not own the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment