Monday 6 February 2012

First Sonnet

I wrote a sonnet for someone... It's not as easy as it looks trust me!

The reservoir
Back in the meadow seeking after him
Chasing bicycles down dreary lanes with
window panes and my feet on the brim of
 the sundown with my limbs rising weary.

Sitting we saw the altostratus clouds
like blankets that swept over the wise words
abruptly my worry seemed draped in shrouds
this atmosphere was convulsing with birds.

Swallows curled up in gratis ecstasy.
Our thumbs had a pulse with murmurations,
of what we hunted and needed to see.
You gave various clarifications.

For I see continual joy amid bliss
Look there, sweet eyelash – make your ceaseless wish.
This is very sweet, I found it on an article
the other day about optical illusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment