Wednesday 8 February 2012

Comitatu

A friend of mine bought me a book a while ago called The Writers Block which is literally a little block book with ideas and one word prompts for writers suffering from writers block. This poem that I wrote was a product of my "sudden decline of work D:" and although it's not perfect, and needs a lot of work - I thought I would upload it anyway - IT'S SOMETHING.

Here is Comitatu:



Comitatu

My imagination is currently at the station. 
I’m sat down on benches,
Hands stuck to gum
I gaze at the tracks
Smile, breath and sit back
Examining the grooves
and the patterns of my thumb

Individualistic tendencies
I’m constantly thinking of conspiracies
Knitting up ideas in a cardboard box
Then I look down and see the stitches
Drop, and it’s hard
to keep out of my mind
But when I open the lock
I can’t seem to find, the reason
As to why
I can’t seem to write

I’m losing inspiration
Still here at the station
Then suddenly I see a train fly by
Its shot like a catapult
Running, racing, catch it
STOP!
is it my fault if I can’t see it?

All the ideas are at the next junction
My mind is jammed
It simply won’t function
This picture belongs to Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment